ADVERTISEMENT

4* Nash recaps Memphis visit

Bryan_Moss

Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 9, 2003

4* wide receiver Shamar Nash has been committed to Mizzou since February but is still exploring other options.

Why?

"I think everyone should explore their options no matter when they commit because anything could change in the future. Coaches could leave, certain positions could fill up, so I think it's good to have more than one option, as much as I love the coaching staff at Missouri and am still confident in my commitment. I'm just enjoying the process and I don't want to make the wrong decision. Every SEC school is a great school, but it comes down to the type of people at those schools and what they want for you and your future. I'm just looking for the best opportunity for me," he told HawgBeat.com last week.

This past weekend he took an official visit to Memphis. What did he like about the visit?

"It’s apart of my home and it was the perfect way to start my official visit," he told TigerSportsReport.

Memphis running back Timothy Taylor was his player host, "He was cool. He showed me a good time but I expected him to know his way around because he’s from the city too."

Coach Jones is his primary recruiter and they've built a good relationship, "He’s a great guy to know and not just a coach to me but more like family. He understands the process completely."

Is he still committed to Missouri or did the Memphis visit change his mind?

"I’m still committed to Missouri but the visit showed me a lot of things I wanted to get a closer look at and it helped me get a lot closer with the coaching staff."

Nash will explore all his options before making a final decision and plans to sign in December. He'll visit Arkansas and Missouri next month.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News