Bryan_Moss

Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 9, 2003
Ferguson ready for business
Bryan Moss | TigerSportsReport.com

bexgtor8yvyp42mti3s8

USA Today Sports
The Bowl week had its fun events. A trip to the beach, a night out for bowling, but for Memphis quarterback Riley Ferguson it's a business trip.

"We knew the reason why we came down here. It was to play a football game, that's our main focus. We had a couple of days to go out and have a little fun but now we're ready to play," said Ferguson during the bowl press conference yesterday.

Ferguson feels his team is ready and dialed in. They are a close knit group.

"We're a family. I know a lot of people say that throughout the country but I can sit with anyone on this team and just talk to them. We're all there for each other. That for the coaches too, we're all one big family."

Western Kentucky will bring in a high flying offense but that's something the Tigers have seem before playing in the American Conference.

"A lot of people don't understand how hard our conference really is. We some tough teams, some teams that ended up have 9, 9-plus wins. We've had a tough schedule."

It's been a long road for Ferguson to get back to playing on the FBS level but he says the has made him a better person and quarterback and simply says he's blessed to be at Memphis.

"It's been a long road, I'm really blessed. I couldn't be in a better place surrounded by the people in Memphis. The guys I'm around, the coaches, everybody in the community, it's unbelievable. I couldn't be in a better place."

Coach Norvell speaks highly of Ferguson.

"You know, Riley is a student of the game. He understands and processes the game at a high level. He has all the physical traits. He has a strong arm, extremely accurate, he's just someone that enjoys playing the game."

Ferguson will have a chance to break a couple of Paxton Lynch's records too.

He's currently tied with Lynch with 28 passing touchdowns in a season and he's 450 yards away from breaking the all-time single season passing mark.

As wild as this game is expected to be, Ferguson may just be the new record holder for both.

Edit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News