ADVERTISEMENT

Football High School coaches sound of of recruiting changes they want to see

RivalsWoody

Bench Warmer
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2012
The role of the head high school football coach is vital to recruiting, but with more outside forces than ever involved it’s ever evolving.

Several recruiting rule changes are in the works, including a new official visit period and an early National Signing Day. But what are the changes that high school coaches would like to see? We surveyed some of the country’s most notable head coaches to get their opinions on what they would like to see changed about the process.

Here's a portion of the story:

If I could change one thing at the major level is the constant badgering of the kids after they commit. How can we expect the kids to understand the word commitment, preach being a faithful husband and father, and yet act like a mistress when it comes to recruiting? This is hypocrisy at its finest. Another thing I would change is the amount of celebrity these kids receive. They're children at the end of the day. Then, when they get to the NFL and make critical mistakes in life, we crucify their character. We create these monsters. The next thing I would change is the middleman. The recruiting process should go through the head coach. Unfortunately, not enough head coaches are invested enough, therefore rendering the middle man a necessary evil.” –Brian Waite, East Nashville (Tenn.) Magnet

You can read the complete article here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News