ADVERTISEMENT

***Coaching rumor update 11-24***

Bryan_Moss

Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 9, 2003
As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

I've spoken to a VERY good source following the situation with VaTech and I'm told that Fuente is indeed the top choice and even though a deal isn't done yet that it's only a matter of time. As in days, not weeks.

YahooSports's Pat Forde said he'd bet the mortgage on Fuente going to VaTech (read his article here).

Coach Fuente is saying all the right things in public but you have to listen to him intently. He said on his radio show that he's developing the team for the future. AKA building a team that could compete when he leaves. He's not leaving the cupboard dry by any means and the next coach will have a fighting chance from day 1.

I still expect this to happen after the SMU game and Fuente won't be leaving for more $$$. Memphis offered a great deal to keep him. As much as you hate to admit it, Memphis is still a stepping stone job. That doesn't mean Memphis will fall back to the deep pits of hell it was in before Fuente took over. IMO, just the opposite.

Fuente has built this team to succeed.

The new coach has something to work with. Even if Paxton Lynch goes to the NFL, Memphis has Brady Davis and current commit Keon Howard.

Memphis would love to keep Fuente and the VaTech deal isn't a done deal so is there a small glimmer of hope for the Memphis fans? Yes, but, I wouldn't place money on him staying.

I'll post more info as I get the clearance to do so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News